1500 Heart Mountain Street
Cody, WY 82414
FAX (307) 527-1888
Nichole Gerharter, Cody Library Manager
Frances Clymer, Library System Director
Mon. – Thurs. 9 am – 8 pm
Fri. 9 am – 5:30 pm
Sat. 9 am – 5 pm
Closed on Sundays & Major Holidays
The library will be closed on New Years Day, President’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 3 and 4), Labor Day (Sat.-Mon.), Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day (Thurs.- Sun.) & Christmas Day.
The Cody Library has been a vital part of this community for over 100 years. It was founded in 1906 as a project of the Woman’s Club of Cody and housed in a small stone building on the corner of Sheridan Ave. and 11th St. Park County was formed from a part of Big Horn County in 1911. In 1914 the Park County Commissioners appointed the first board to form a county library. The Cody City Council immediately applied to the Carnegie Foundation for funds to build a new building. Funding was granted, and the Carnegie Library was opened in 1916. Librarian Mabel Wilkinson arrived in April of 1916 to organize the collection.
In 1965 the Carnegie Building was torn down to make way for a new library on that same site. In October 2008, that library’s collection was moved to the renovated bottom floor of the Park County Complex, formerly the Marathon Oil Building, between the Rec Center and the Post Office. Funding came from a variety of sources including a one-cent sales tax. Residents of Park County have a new modern library. Please visit!