Learn more about child Internet Safety: NetSmartz Workshop
The Children’s Department is thoroughly enjoying its wonderful facilities in our beautiful 5-year-old library. Come visit us! You may reach us by phone at our direct number: (307) 527-1884 or via email. You can also follow us on Twitter! Please like us on Facebook, too! We are “codykidsread”.
Here is our complete August calendar!
- In June, July, and August, Story Time will be every Wednesday morning (except August 6th) from 10:00-10:30 for all ages, featuring awesome guest reader Mr. Brian. Join us!
- Our regular schedule begins Monday, August 25, as follows:
- Mondays 10:00-10:20 Toddler Time for ages 12-36 months
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10:00-10:45 Story Time for ages 3-6
This year’s popular program, “Fizz, Boom, READ!”, ended with a Prize Picnic on Friday, August 8th. If you participated at all, please stop by as soon as you can to pick up your prizes – everyone wins something.
We had 883 kids, infant through 5th grade, join this year! Please join us in thanking our amazing sponsors and volunteers, who made it all possible.
Summer Reading’s important message continues: READ EVERY DAY!!!!
“Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.”
-Award-winning author Emilie Buchwald
Feel free to e-mail the children’s librarian with questions or comments.
Toddler Time for children 12-36 months is Mondays at 10:30 – 11:00 a.m. This special time for tots includes stories, fingerplays, and movement. A dynamic way to introduce your little one to the library!
Spend at least ten wildly happy minutes every single day reading aloud. – Mem Fox, author
Preschool story time is held every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
We also have internet access, books, movies, and CDs for children and young adults.
Contact the library at (307) 868-2248 or email the children’s librarian for more details or to volunteer as a story time reader!
- Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Kids Search
- Grzimek’s Animal Life Encyclopedia
- Bookflix connect at the library | connect from home Stories for kids!