Gib Mathers Journalistic Writing Contest
The Friends of the Powell Branch Library and The Powell Tribune are holding a journalistic writing contest to recognize and honor Gib Mathers, a constant and caring member of the Friends and writer for The Powell Tribune at the time of his death. Young writers ages 12 to 14 and adult writers age 15 and above are eligible to win cash prizes and be published in The Powell Tribune.
- Contestants must reside in the Big Horn Basin.
- Text and at least one photo are required.
- Entries are due by March 15.
For more information, read the Journalism Contest Brochure.
USED BOOK SALE: Looking for your next book? We have thousands to choose from at the Friends’ book sale held every Friday from 1 pm to 3 pm and the first Saturday of each month from 10 am to 1 pm in the basement of the library. Prices range from 10 cents to $2 with most books priced at only 50 cents!
While the Park County Library Foundation Board operates as a long-range fund-raising body for all of the county’s libraries, our Friends group concentrates on the short-term projects that will enhance our local library services.
What We Do
- Sponsor book sales throughout the year
- Occasionally hold other fund-raising events
- Help the librarians celebrate National Library Week in April
- Present programs for entertainment and information for all ages
- Provide funds for Summer Reading prizes
- Buy materials and equipment to meet immediate needs and provide “extras” for the library
How You Can Help
Join the Friends of Powell Branch Library. Bring us your enthusiasm and your ideas. Donate your time and/or money. Help us with our projects. Attend our meetings. Volunteer to help with our book sales. Let us know what you would like us to schedule for your enjoyment and participation. Have fun and be involved!
If you would like to join us, please stop by the library at 217 East Third or come to a Friends’ meeting on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 5:30 pm in the Library meeting room. Dues are $20.00 annually.