Board Meeting Dates
- Wednesday, September 25th at 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, October 22nd at 5:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 13th at 7 pm (Yearly Annual Membership Meeting and Program)
All meetings are in the Fireside Room of the Powell Library
- Book sales! Every Friday from 1 pm-3 pm and the first Saturday of each month from 10 am-1 pm – In the basement of the Powell Library
- Check out all of our events on our Facebook page!
Who We Are
The Friends of Powell Library is a group of community members dedicated to supporting our public library. Working with the librarians, we provide needed funds, exhibits, special events and programs that might otherwise not be possible due to limitations of staff and available funds.
While the Park County Library Foundation Board operates as a long-range fund-raising body for all of the county’s libraries, our Friends group concentrates on the short-term projects that will enhance our local library services.
What We Do
- Sponsor book sales throughout the year
- Occasionally hold other fund-raising events
- Help the librarians celebrate National Library Week in April
- Present programs for entertainment and information for all ages
- Provide funds for Summer Reading prizes
- Buy materials and equipment to meet immediate needs and provide “extras” for the library
How You Can Help
Join the Friends of Powell Library. Bring us your enthusiasm and your ideas. Donate your time and/or money. Help us with our projects. Attend our meetings. Volunteer to help with our book sales. Let us know what you would like us to schedule for your enjoyment and participation. Have fun and be involved!If you would like to join us, please stop by the library at 217 East Third or come to a Friends’ meeting on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 5:30 pm in the Library meeting room. Dues are $20.00 annually.