Very cool graphic & TRUE STORY!!!
So, how does one get a library card?
All Park County residents are entitled to a card at Park County Library in Cody or at the Powell or Meeteetse Branches. A card from any branch is good at any other library in the county or at any other WYLD library in the state. To get a library card, please bring picture i.d. plus proof of residence in Park County to your local library, which could include one of the following:
- Wyoming driver’s license
- Utility company receipt
- Property tax receipt.
There are no age limits, but children under 18 require a parent’s or guardian’s signature to get a card.
You will be asked to fill out a form with your name and contact information. Please notify the library immediately if your address, e-mail address, or phone number changes.
Non-residents may receive a temporary card by paying a $25.00 non-refundable user’s fee, or they can pay a $15.00 refundable user’s fee with borrowing limits.
- Books, audio books, and CDs–2 weeks
- DVDs–7 days
- Magazines in Cody & Powell, 7 days
There might be some exceptions–please check with the circulation desk at your library for details. Library materials checked out at any WYLD library may be returned to any WYLD library. You are responsible for any materials checked out on your card. If you lose your card, you can get another one for $1.
We have a tip! Carry your library card. Why? Because:
- There’s less chance of getting you mixed up with another patron.
- You can log on to LOTS of online resources available to you through the
to remote login resources for Park County library card holders,
to the state library’s many online resources
and to downloadable books, magazines, and sound recording through the state library.
- You can use the self check out
- You can renew or put items on hold from home.
- It allows you to check out material when you travel around Wyoming.
- It logs you onto the library computers