Visit Banned Book Week Sept 27-Oct 3 for the 10 most challenged titles of 2014 and why they were challenged.
The first three are available at your Library… . in multiple formats … .
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, Sherman Alexie
- Persepolis, Marjane Satrapi
- And Tango Makes Three, Justin Richardson and Peter Parnell
These are a few of the Books banned historically. Borrow them from your Library… .
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain, 1884;
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X, Malcolm X and Alex Haley, 1965;
- Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, Dee Brown, 1970;
- The Call of the Wild, Jack London, 1903;
- Catch-22, Joseph Heller, 1961;
- The Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger, 1951:
- Beloved, Toni Morrison, 1987